Creamy Fruit Raita is a refreshing dish. Unlike the other raitas, this does not have spices. Made with lots of fruits and a pinch of cardamom powder, this creamy raita is like a dessert. You can add any combination of fruits to suite you palate.
I had this fruit raita at my friend Priya’s place and I simply loved it. I have been making this yogurt since then. I am sure even you will fall for this simple dish.
You may also checkout our video on making Creamy Fruit Raita.
Yield: 4 to 5 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Creamy Fruit Raita
1 litre yogurt
1 banana peeled and sliced
½ apple peeled and chopped
1 orange peeled and segmented
¼ cup grapes cut in half
10 strawberries quartered
2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
½ teaspoon elaichi powder (cardamom)
2 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt or to taste
Directions for Creamy Fruit Raita
- To make hung yogurt, place a colander on a bowl and transfer the yogurt in it. Cover and keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- Discard the whey and transfer the thick yogurt in a big bowl.
- Stir with a spoon to make it smooth and fluffy.
- Add the sugar, salt, cardamom and stir to mix.
- Now add all the fruits and mix lightly.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.