Burnt Garlic Corn And Peas Fried Rice is a Chinese dish. The combination of vegetables in this dish is unique, and compliments the garlic well. I have replaced the commonly used carrot and beans with corn and green peas.
Usually I do my cutting and chopping while the onions get sautéed, but not for Chinese. Please remember to always keep your veggies chopped and ready for use before putting that wok on fire. Quick sauteing on high flame is the trick for most chinese dishes.
The hero of this recipe is Garlic which lends an aromatic touch to this Chinese dish. Serve the Burnt Garlic Fried Rice hot, with a garnish of spring onions and fried garlic. You can also try our Stir fired Vegetables in Oyster Sauce, Stir fried Eggplant and Hoisin Vegetables with Pan Fried Noodles.
Yield : 4 to 5 portions
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Total time : 40 minutes
Ingredients for Burnt Garlic Corn And Peas Fried Rice
2 cup basmati rice
¾ cup corn niblets boiled
¾ cup green peas boiled
½ cup onion chopped
1 teaspoon ginger chopped
1 tablespoon garlic sliced
Salt to taste
Freshly cracked pepper
1 tablespoon oyster sauce or (1 teaspoon soya, ½ teaspoon vinegar)
1 + 2 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoon spring onions chopped (optional)
Directions for Burnt Garlic Corn And Peas Fried Rice
- Wash and soak the rice for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Boil plenty of water in a large pot.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan, add the rice and saute till the rice is well coated and translucent. Add to the boiling water, add 1 teaspoon salt and let the rice cook till a bite is left.
- Strain and set aside.
- If you are using frozen green peas and corn kernels, then defrost them.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a wok, add the ginger, garlic and saute till the garlic is brown.
- Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add the corn, peas and saute.
- Add the rice, salt, pepper, and oyster sauce.
- Toss for a minute.
- Garnish with spring onions and fried garlic slices.