Sabudana Ke Vade (Sago Patties) is a delicious snack usually made during fasts like Navratri, Shivratri, Janamashtami and Ekadashi. For this dish sabudana (tapioca sago), potatoes, and some spices are used. We have to take care while soaking sago as too much water will made it mushy and difficult to handle.
You can also watch our Video on making of Sabudana ke Vade!
These vadas are soft from inside and crisp from outside. Today I have fried them but I often made them in Air Fryer for a healthy version. You may also try our other Falahari recipes like Sabudana ki Khichdi and Singhare ka Cheela.
Prep time: 5 minutes +soaking time 60 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients FOR SABUDANA ke vade
300 grams sabudana (tapioca sago)
200 to 250 grams aloo (potato) boiled and mashed
2 green chillis chopped fine
2 teaspoon ginger paste
3 tablespoon coriander chopped fine
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon chilli powder
Sendha namak (rock salt) to taste
Ghee/oil for frying
Directions For Sabudana KE VadE
- Wash and soak the sabudana (tapioca sago) in water. Water should just cover the sago. Cover and set aside for 60 minutes. Fluff up or loosen the sago.
- Add all the ingredients except ghee to the sago and mix well.
- Check the seasoning and the moisture in the sago batter. It should be moist enough to make balls. If you find it difficult to bind it then sprinkle little water.
- Divide the mixture into lemon size balls and make patties by gently pressing the balls.
- Heat ghee in a pan on medium heat; and fry the vadas in small batches of 5 to 6 vadas till golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with falahari raw mango and mint chutney.