Mushroom And Baby Corn Jalfrezi is a delicious side dish. This tempting dish is quite simple and quick to make. I am very fond of vegetable jalfrezi and so wanted to try a different combination.This combination worked really well.
I have blanched the baby corn so that while cooking both mushroom and corn cooks together at the same time. The use of methi leaves compliments the sweetness of baby corn. Please do not ignore the roasted masala mix as it gives a smoky flavor to this dish. Serve garnished with ginger juliennes. Pair this yummy dish with our Sabut Masoor Ki Dal, Garlic Naan or Khasta Roti.
You can also watch our Video of this recipe!
Yield: 3 to 4 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients Mushroom And Baby Corn Jalfrezi
200 grams mushroom quartered
200 grams baby corn cut diagonally and blanched
½ cup onion chopped fine
½ cup onion sliced
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
½ cup tomato pureed
2 tablespoon methi chopped/1 teaspoon kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves)
1 tablespoon coriander chopped
1 teaspoon ginger jellied (optional)
¼ teaspoon haldi (turmeric)
½ teaspoon chat masala
½ teaspoon garam masala
2 to 3 teaspoon roasted masala
2 dry red chilli
2 tablespoon yogurt
1 tablespoon oil
For the roasted masala
1 tablespoon sabut dhania
1 teaspoon jeera
2 to 3 dry red chilli
Direction Mushroom And Baby Corn Jalfrezi
- Heat oil in a pan; add onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic paste, methi and saute till methi wilts.
- Add dry red chilli, haldi, tomato puree, toss and saute for 3 minutes.
- Now add sliced mushroom, baby corn, onion, salt and toss.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in roasted masala, yogurt, chat masala and toss, cover and cook till mushroom is cooked.
- Add garam masala and coriander, toss.
- Garnish with ginger juliennes.