Kacche Aam Ki Launji (Sweet And Sour Raw Mango Chutney) is Rajasthani chutney, which is like meetha aam ka achar but made instantly. The panch phoran give this launji a nice aroma. Sweetness from the sugar and the sour tanginess from the raw mangoes blend well to get sweet and sour chutney.
A pretty simple and quick dish to make that can be made in just 15 minutes. Serve with aloo puri, or parathas, and even with rice dish.
Yield: 6 serving
Prep time: 3 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Kacche Aam Ki Launji
300 grams Kairy/kaccha aam (unripe mango)
4 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon dhania powder (coriander)
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
¼ teaspoon haldi (turmeric)
1 teaspoon panch phoran (cumin, mustard, fennel, nigella, fenugreek)
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon oil
Directions for Kacche Aam Ki Launji
- Peel and cut the mango in cubes.
- Heat the oil in a pan; add panch phoran and let it crackle.
- Add the hing and mango, saute for 1 minute.
- Add rest of the ingredients and give a stir.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir again add 3 tablespoon of water and cover and cook till mangoes become soft but not mushy.
- Serve with alu puri or even with rice.