Eggless Lemon Cheese Cake is a delicious cheese cake recipe. A truly simple and elegant dessert that is very easy to make.
This cake is made with cream cheese, sour cream and cream. The touch of lemon given to this cheesy cake makes it very flavourful. It is then topped with a homemade glaze of lemon (lemon sauce) after being cooled. You may watch our Video on making of Eggless Lemon Cheese Cake!
Yield: 8 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 90 minutes
Ingredients for Eggless Lemon Cheese Cake
For the Crust
200 grams digestive biscuit
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon butter, melted
½ tsp vanilla extract
For the Cheesecake Filling
400 grams cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup hung yogurt/ sour cream, room temperature
1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
¼ cup plain flour (maida)
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
For the Lemon glaze / sauce
3 tablespoon sugar
1½ teaspoon corn starch
½ cup water
2 teaspoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon lemon zest
2 to 3 drops of yellow colour
Directions for Eggless Cheese Cake
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9″ spring-form pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the biscuit and sugar and blend in a blender to a powder.
- Transfer in a bowl, add butter, vanilla and mix well until all of the crumbs are coated evenly.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of the spring-form pan making sure that the crumbs are compact. Press with the back of a tumbler.
- Place in the refrigerator until the cheesecake filling is ready.
- Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together on low speed until there are no lumps and the cream cheese is smooth.
- Scrap the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the hung yogurt and beat again till well incorporated.
- Now add the cream, flour, lemon juice, lemon zest one at a time, beating on low speed until each one is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Scrap the sides of the bowl between each addition.
- Take the pan with the crust out of refrigerator, and line the sides with a strip of parchment paper.
- Take a sheet of aluminium foil, place the pan on it, and cover the pan with it to make it water proof.
- Pour the filling into the pan and gently tap it down to remove any air bubbles.
- Prepare water bath and place the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Turn the oven off, slightly keep the door open and let it cool for 1 hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and remove the parchment paper from the sides.
- Let the cheesecake sit on the counter until it’s completely cooled.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool for 2 hours
Lemon glaze/ sauce
- Combining sugar and corn starch, in a sauce pan, add water and bring to boil by stirring continuously until smooth and thick.
- Add yellow colour and cook for 3 minutes, switch off the heat.
- Now add butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest and stir to mix well.
- Chill until cool but not set.
- Spread lemon glaze on top of the cheesecake.
- Chill for 4 hours or over night.
- When you are ready to serve, remove the spring-form pan and let sit out for 30 minutes before serving.