Cottage Cheese Grilled Sandwich (Paneer Sandwich) is a simple recipe that can be made in a jiffy if you have cottage cheese. This sandwich tastes best when made with fresh cottage cheese. Frozen paneer makes the filling dry but you can use cream or hung yogurt to make it moist.
The stuffing is flavoured with mustard sauce and Tabasco. The mustard sauce I have used is known as Kasundi, which is Indian mustard sauce from state of Bengal.
Kasundi is a tangy, sour, pungent sauce made by fermenting mustard seeds. It is not plain mustard paste. It’s had best with fresh sauteed greens or with snack items such as chops, cutlets or fried foods. It serves as a great marinade for fish or chicken items that cook quickly. So try it out for your barbecues. You won’t need anything else.
Yield: 8 pieces
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Cottage Cheese Grilled Sandwich
8 slices of bread
1 cup paneer grated (cottage cheese)
½ cup onion chopped fine
½ cup green capsicum chopped fin
2 tablespoon carrot grated
1 tablespoon coriander chopped
2 tablespoon mayonnaise
3 tablespoon kasundi /mustard sauce
½ teaspoon tabasco
¼ teaspoon pepper
Salt to taste
Directions for Cottage Cheese Grilled Sandwich
- In a large bowl add paneer, onions, capsicums, carrot and mix.
- Add the mustard, mayonnaise and tabasco and mix.
- Now add the salt and pepper.
- Spread a thick layer of this mixture on a bread slice and place another slice on top.
- Butter the top slice and place in a grill sandwich maker, butter side down.
- Apply butter on this side also and grill on medium heat to get crisp sandwich.
- You can use a normal sandwich maker or you can pan fry also.
- Cut in triangles and serve with ketchup.