Suji Toast Or Rava Toast (Semolina Toast) is a light and healthy breakfast option. This lip smacking snack is so easy to prepare that anyone can make it. You just need a few common ingredients easily available at home. My bhabhi (sister-in-law) makes this delicious rava toast in no time. I follow her recipe. Thank you Anu Bhabhi for sharing.
You can use white bread, whole wheat, multi grain or brown bread any combination of vegetables you like to make this vegetable suji toast. Serve with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Watch our 40 secs video on making of Suji Toast.
Yield: 3 to 4 serving
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Suji Toast
6 to 8 slices of bread
1 cup Suji
1 cup yogurt
2 tablespoon malai/cream
½ cup minced carrot, capsicum
1 onion chopped fine
1 tablespoon coriander chopped
1 teaspoon ginger chopped/paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste (optional)
1 teaspoon jeera (cumin)
½ teaspoon chilli powder
3 tablespoon of grated block cheese (optional)
Salt to taste
Directions for Suji Toast
- In a blow mix suji , malai and yogurt together and set aside for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, onion, coriander, ginger, garlic and mix well.
- Now add the cumin, chilli and salt and give a good stir.
- Heat a non stick skillet on medium heat.
- Apply 2 to 3 tablespoon of the sooji batter on one side of the bread slice and place on the hot skillet, batter side down.
- Drizzle a few drops of oil and cook till golden brown, flip and cook the other side. You can flip again to cook if not brown enough.
- The toast should be nice brown, crisp and toasted well.
- You can sprinkle cheese (optional) on the batter side and allow it to melt for few seconds before taking it out.
- Prepare all the toasts similarly.
- Cut the cooked slices in triangles.
- Serve with tomato ketchup and coriander chutney.