Strawberry Jam (Homemade) is an easy and quick three ingredient recipe. This homemade jam is made without using any preservative. While making at home you can add just the amount of sugar you want. You can even make it with brown sugar. Nothing can be simpler than this delicious jam.
You may also try our other Strawberry recipes like Strawberry Milk Shake, Strawberry and Orange Popsicle and Strawberry Cheese Cake Ice-cream. You may also check out our Video on making of Strawberry Jam!
Yield: 700 grams approximately
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Strawberry Jam
1 kg strawberries
500 to 600 grams sugar
1 tablespoon lemon
Direction for Strawberry Jam
- Wash the strawberries and spread them on a thick kitchen towel to dry.
- Cut 200 grams of strawberries in quarters and set aside.
- In a food processor make a coarse puree of rest of the strawberries.
- Transfer pure in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the chopped strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice and stir until sugar melts.
- Now increase the heat so that the jam starts to bubble. Boil for 10 to 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Check the sugar and add more if required as it depends on the sweetness of the strawberries.
- The jam should be thick by now. Check by dropping a little jam on a plate. It should be thick but not lumpy. Keep in mind that the jam will thicken when cooled.
- Cool and store in a sterilized bottle and keep refrigerate.