Creamy Smooth Custard is my favourite dessert I have grown up eating especially during summer. But actually you don’t have to wait for any season or occasion to have this gorgeous dessert.
This simple recipe is unique and delicious. To add tanginess to the custard I have used fresh orange juice. I have made the custard very thick and set it in the refrigerator for 4 hours. Then I have whipped it by adding orange juice to get creamy smooth custard. Serve this custard topped with freshly cut fruits. Fruits taste the best when they are freshly cut and consumed. I do not like to mix the fruits in the custard and keep for long as fruits tend to discolour and also make the custard thin.
You may view the Video of this recipe here !
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes + cooling time
Ingredients for Creamy Smooth Custard
½ litre milk +¼ cup
4 tablespoon custard powder
4 to 5 tablespoon sugar
125 ml orange juice.
2 cups chopped mixed fruits (apple, banana, orange, strawberry, grapes, and pomegranate)
Directions for Creamy Smooth Custard
- Keep ½ cup milk separately at room temperature and put rest of the milk to boil in a heavy bottom sauce pan.
- Add sugar and stir till it starts to boil.
- Mix custard powder in ½ cup milk and add to the boiling milk. It will become very thick.
- Stir continuously to avoid sticking at the bottom and let it come to a boil again.
- Switch off the heat and keep it to cool.
- Set in the refrigerator for 4 hours. It will be like set jelly.
- Now blend it by hand blender gradually adding orange juice to get the desired consistency for the custard.
- Clean and cut some fruits like grapes, pomegranate and orange in advance and keep in fridge, but cut banana and apple just before serving.
- Serve chilled with mixed fruits of your choice.