Stir Fried Noodles with Peppers is a noodle dish made with red, yellow and green capsicum making this dish a visual treat. It is not only visually appealing but it tastes great. It is a combination of stir-fried noodles with peppers, vegetables seasoned with soy sauce.
Stir-frying veg is a great way to keep in maximum nutrients, as well as keeping a lovely bit of crunch. Remember that the secret to a stir-fry is to have everything prepared and ready for when you start cooking as once you get going, there’ll be no time to stop.
Serves: 2 to 3
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for Stir Fried Noodles with Peppers
200 grams noodles
2 tablespoon minced garlic
1 carrot julienned
1 onion sliced thin
½ green capsicum sliced thin
½ red capsicum sliced thin
½ yellow capsicum sliced thin
¼ cup french beans cut diagonally
¼ cup spring onions
1 tablespoon light soya sauce
1 teaspoon dark soya sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar
½ teaspoon white pepper
A pinch of sugar
2 tablespoon peanut oil
1 teaspoon sesame/peanut oil
Red chilli sauce optional
Directions for Stir Fried Noodles with Peppers
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain, toss with a teaspoon of oil and set aside.
- Heat a wok or a broad pan over high heat and add the peanut oil.
- Add the garlic, onions, carrots, french beans and capsicums and sauté till you get a toasted flavor.
- Add the boiled noodles and stir for a minute, then add salt, pepper and sugar and toss.
- Now add light and dark soy sauce, vinegar, and toss. (If using red chilli sauce, add now).
- Add sliced green onions, sesame oil and toss.
- Serve hot.
Note: Cut the vegetables uniformly so that they cook at one time. Keep all the vegetables and other ingredients ready before putting the heat on. Cook on high heat and keep the crunch in the vegetables.