Shahi Stuffed Gobhi is a gourmet dish. As the name suggests it is truly a royal dish served on special occasions. Shahi Stuffed Gobhi- Stuffed Cauliflower With Creamy Gravy is absolutely divine and an interesting way of enjoying cauliflower.
Yield: 4 to 5 serving
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Ingredients for Shahi Stuffed Gobhi
For the gobhi
1 cauliflower head / 400 grams approximately
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon salt
A pinch of haldi (turmeric)
For the Stuffing
1 cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
2 tablespoon grated koya (milk solid) optional
2 tablespoon hung curd
1 tablespoon garlic chopped fin
1 teaspoon ginger chopped fine
1 tablespoon raisins chopped
1 tablespoon cashew chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon salt
A pinch of green cardamom powder
For the gravy
3 Lavang (Cloves)
2 Choti Elaichi (green cardamoms)
1 teaspoon Javitri (mace)
2 medium Onions sliced
1 teaspoon Ginger chopped fine
1 tablespoon Garlic
1 tablespoon cashew
1 tablespoon magaz (melon seeds)
1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
1 teaspoon Dhania (Coriander powder)
½ teaspoon Haldi (Turmeric powder)
½ cup Dahi (yogurt)
½ cup Milk
1 tablespoon cream
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon Oil
2 tablespoon Ghee
1 sheet of varq (edible silver foil) optional for garnishing
Direction for Shahi Stuffed Gobhi
- Clean the cauliflower by removing the stem.
- Bring plenty of water to boil, add salt, bay leaf, turmeric and gently place the cauliflower stem side down.
- Let it boil for 3 to 4 minutes and then it upside down.
- Boil for 2 to 3 minutes and turn again and boil till just cooked. Keep in mind that it will be baked also.
- Take it out and place it on a plate to dry.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the stuffing in a bowl.
- Check the seasoning, salt and chilli should be a little on the higher side so that the gobhi can absorb some.
- Now carefully stuff the cauliflower with the mix by gently pushing the mixture in between the florets and through the stem side also. Apply the stuffing on the top also.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking dish and bake in a pre-heated Owen for 15 minutes.
- Now keep it under the grill 5 minutes or until it is lightly roasted.
- Heat oil in a pan; add cloves, green cardamom and mace.
- Add ginger, garlic and onion and saute till translucent.
- Add cashew and magaz and toss.
- Now add the coriander, haldi and red chilli, stir for a minute.
- Switch off the heat and let it cool.
- Blend the masala in a blender along with yogurt to a fine paste.
- In the same pan heat ghee, add the paste and saute on low heat till the oil starts to separate.
- Add the cream, salt and cook for another minute.
- Add milk and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning and thickness of the gravy by adding water if required.
- On the serving plate pour the gravy and then place the roasted cauliflower .
- Garnish with silver Varq.