Chilkewali Moong Dal Ki Khichdi is a soft food often given to a person who is not well or babies and even senior citizens. I like to eat this soothing food sometimes when a light meal is the requirement not only when I am sick.
I like to add vegetables to my khichdi to make it more tasty and nutritious. You can serve khichdi with papad, fried chilly, achar and yogurt.
Yield: 3 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Chilkewali Moong Dal Ki khichdi
1 cup rice washed
1/3 cup chilkewali moong dal (split moong dal) washed
½ cup carrot chopped fine
½ beans chopped fine
½ teaspoon ginger chopped fine
1 green chilli slit
½ teaspoon haldi (turmeric)
½ teaspoon jeera (cumin)
2 teaspoon ghee
1 bay leaf
Salt to taste
6 cups water
Directions for Chilkewali Moong Dal Ki khichdi
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker; add cumin, bay leaf, cloves saute.
- Add the ginger, carrot, beans and saute for 2 to 3 minutes,
- Now add the rice and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the dal, salt haldi and water, give a stir.
- Pressure cook on medium heat till one pressure then lower the heat and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and open the lid only after all the pressure is released on its own.
- Add the pepper, adjust the thickness and seasoning.
- Add little ghee on top or you can prepare the tempering of jeera and pour.
- Serve with papad, achar and raita.