Cheesy baked Vegetable Enchilada is a delicious wholesome Mexican dish. These enchiladas are filled with beans, corn and zucchini. The vegetables are sautéed and well flavored. The homemade Enchilada Sauce is so fresh. Baked with cheese this dish is loved by all, when I serve during get together.
Bring home the flavours of Mexico, with these authentic Vegetable Enchiladas having a flavourful fillings.
Enjoy the Video!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for Cheesy Baked Vegetable Enchiladas
For the filling
1 tablespoon garlic minced
1 cup onions diced
½ cup red capsicum diced
2 cups zucchini diced
1 teaspoon coriander chopped (cilantro)
1 cup boiled black beans (tinned can be used)
1 cup boiled corn kernels (frozen can be used)
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup cheddar cheese or block cheese
1 cup enchilada sauce Recipe here
6 to 8 corn tortillas Recipe here
½ cup sour cream Recipe here
½ to 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
1 tablespoon spring onion greens
Directions for Cheesy Baked Vegetable Enchilada
- Heat oil in a pan; add garlic followed by onions, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add beans, corn, zucchini and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add oregano, chilli, cumin, salt and saute for a minute.
- Add coriander and switch off the heat.
- Now add the cheddar cheese and mix.
How to Proceed – Cheesy Baked Vegetable Enchilada
- Preheat the Owen at 400 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish and spread 2 tablespoon of the enchilada sauce.
- Now on each tortilla place 2 tablespoon or more of the filling in the centre and drizzle 1 spoon of the enchilada sauce.
- Close it from both the sides and arrange in the dish in a single layer.
- Drizzle more sauce and little sour cream.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and the spring onion greens.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream alongside.