Pizza Tartlets are easy to make appetizer. These Mini Pizzas look amazing in this avatar. These Veggie Pizza appetizers are great party snack loved by all. The best part is, you can assemble these ahead of time and bake them when required.
This is basically one of those clean your fridge type of recipes. Use whatever you have in your home such as pizza sauce or tomato sauce; any kind of shredded cheeses or even sliced cheese, capsicums, onions, any other vegetables which you think may fit. Point is, do whatever kind of pizza you want.
These make a great snack or light dinner. Let your kids have fun and choose some of their own toppings and just have fun with it.
Yield: 10 to 12 numbers
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Pizza Tartlets
For the tarts
1 cup Maida (all-purpose flour)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon mixed herbs
1/3 teaspoon chilli flakes
¼ cups cold unsalted butter, cubed
¼ cup cold water
For the filling
2 tablespoon Onions cubed
2 tablespoon Red Capsicum cubed
2 tablespoon Yellow Capsicum cubed
2 tablespoon Zucchini cubed
1 tablespoon Garlic minced
1 tablespoon Olive oil
½ cup Mozzarella cheese
A few black olives to garnish (optional)
Directions for Pizza Tartlets
For the tart shell
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, herbs, chilli flakes, sugar and salt.
- Add butter to flour mixture. Cut the butter into the flour. You can use a dough maker or rub by your fingertips. Work them together until resembling like bread crumbs.
- Add water slowly to the flour and with hands, mix until just combined.
- If dough is too crumbly, then add a little more water. Wrap dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.
For the filling
- Heat oil in a pan; add garlic, onion, red yellow capsicum and zucchini.
- Saute on high heat for 2 minutes. Add the salt, herbs and tabasco.
- Stir and set aside.
For the tart
- Knead the dough lightly and on a floured surface roll to a 1/4” thin circle.
- Now cut out rounds with a round cutter .The cutter should be a little bigger than the tart case.
- Now gently press the small rounds in each tart case and prick with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated Owen for 5 to 7 minutes.
How to proceed for Pizza Tartlets
- Apply pizza sauce on the tarts and fill half with the filling.
- Now sprinkle little cheese, more filling and lastly sprinkle cheese.
- Bake till the shells are crisp and the cheese has melted.
- Serve with black olives on top.