Paneer Nuggets (Cottage Cheese Nuggets) is a yummy party snack. It can be made well in advance and fried just before serving. It can be easily made for large gathering. Paneer nuggets are quick and easy to make.
This is a very old and unique recipe passed on to by my friend, Sujata from her mother. My friend has shared this recipe with me and I could not stop myself from sharing it further in my blog. This is a delicious snack – a must try.
Yield: 4 to 6 serving
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Paneer Nuggets (Cottage Cheese Nuggets)
250 grams paneer grated (cottage cheese)
2 tablespoon coriander chopped fine
1 teaspoon green chilli chopped fine
1 teaspoon ginger chopped fine
1 teaspoon garlic chopped fine
½ cup onion chopped fine
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon plain flour
¾ cup milk
3 teaspoon tomato sauce
½ teaspoon chilli flakes
½ teaspoon ajwain coarsely pounded (carom seeds)
Salt to taste
For the crust
½ cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon plain flour mixed with 2 tablespoon water.
Oil for frying
Directions for Paneer Nuggets (Cottage Cheese Nuggets)
- Melt butter in a pan, add onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add ginger, garlic, chilli and toss for 30 seconds.
- Now add 2 tablespoon flour and stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour in milk and stir continuously till it is thick and leaves the side.
- Add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a tray, spread the paneer mix to ½ “ thickness.
- Keep covered in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Cut into 1½” to 2” square pieces.
- Dip in flour paste and roll in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry the nuggets on medium heat.
- You can also use an air fryer to fry the nuggets.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with a sauce of your choice.
Note: You can use oregano instead of ajwain. Fry them in medium to low heat otherwise the bread crumbs will burn and taste bitter.