Ghuti Hui Gobhi Ki Sabzi – Cauliflower Bhurji is made from grated cauliflower. It is almost mashed. It gets its fabulous flavor from garlic, ginger, tomato puree and various other spices.This recipe started as a replacement to mashed potatoes, but then it took a turn. We fell in love. This grated cauliflower recipe is light, fluffy, and full of flavours all in the same bite.
Yield: 4 to 5 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients For Ghuti Hui Gobhi Ki Sabzi – Cauliflower Bhurji
500 grams Cauliflower
2 Onions chopped fine
1 tablespoon Garlic minced
1 teaspoon Ginger chopped fine
3 medium Tomatoes blanched and pureed
2 tablespoon Coriander chopped
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
1 teaspoon Jeera (Cumin)
A pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
½ teaspoon Haldi (Turmeric powder)
1 teaspoon Dhania (coriander powder)
½ teaspoon Red chilli powder
½ teaspoon Jeera powder (roasted Cumin powder)
½ teaspoon Garam Masala
4 Lavang (Cloves)
4 Elaichi (Cardamoms)
2 Tej patta (Bay leaves)
2 tablespoon cream
2 tablespoon Ghee
Salt to taste
Directions For Ghuti Hui Gobhi Ki Sabzi – Cauliflower Bhurji
- Wash the cauliflower and grate it.
- Heat ghee in a pan; add jeera, Lavang, elaichi, tej patta and hing.
- Add ginger, garlic, green chilli and saute for a minute.
- Now add the onions and saute till translucent.
- Add the cauliflower and saute for a minute, cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Now add all the dry masalas and salt, stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, stir and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Check the consistency and add water if not cooked.
- Add the cream and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and coriander.
- Serve with roti, naan, paratha or rice.