Eggless Banana Cake recipe is one of my all-time favorites, as it is a no fuss recipe. This recipe has never ditched me. I can’t remember how many times I must have made it. I use cream (Malai) instead of butter or oil. This Banana cake has a very moist and soft texture.
Bananas, when you just purchase are perfectly fresh and ripe, but a day later it could be over-riped and brown and cannot be eaten as a fruit. However such overly ripened bananas can be used in making delicious baked desserts like cookies, cakes and muffins. I will also suggest using spices like cinnamon to complement the banana flavour.
If you are baking for the first time, this should be the recipe to try out. It’s very easy to make and gives a great aroma to your surrounding. You will never fail with this recipe. This cake comes out perfect every time whenever I make, and everyone who has a slice of the cake is eagerly waiting for my recipe to get shared.
Yield: 1 loaf
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
1 cup mashed banana (2 to3 banana)
1 cup all-purpose flour (Maida)
¾ cup milk powder
¾ cup powdered sugar
¾ cup cream (Malai)
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon soda bi carb
¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
2 tablespoon walnuts chopped
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree C.
- Transfer all the ingredients in a food processor and beat it for 4 to 5 minutes on medium speed. Stop and scrape the sides in between so that you get a uniform batter. The batter should be light and fluffy but not like whipped cream. Take care not to over whip it.
- Now transfer the batter in a greased rectangle 9 inch pan (loaf pan). You can use a square or round pan also.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Check the cake by inserting a tooth pick. It should come out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.