Bread Ka Chilla (Bread And Gram Flour Pan Cake) is a delicious recipe that is a good breakfast dish. This can be served for evening snack as well. Bread chilla is quick and easy to make. It is also a good way of using the old bread.
This chilla is very nutritious and can be made with a few drops of oil on a non-stick pan. I have used carrots and cabbage but you can use other vegetables of your choice. Serve with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
You may like to try our other similar recipes like Moong Dal Chilla (Lentil Pancake), Besan Ka Cheela (Gram Flour Pan Cake), Suji Toast Or Rava Toast (Semolina Toast) and Peri-Peri Cottage Cheese Sandwich.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients For Bread Ka Chilla
4 bread slices
1/3 cup besan (gram flour)
¼ cup rice flour
2 tablespoon carrot grated
2 tablespoon cabbage grated
2 tablespoon dhania chopped (coriander)
½ teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon ajwain (carom)
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon oil
Directions For Bread Ka Chilla
- Cut each bread slice into four pieces. Set aside.
- In a bowl add besan, rice flour, salt, chilli, ajwain and make a thick batter by adding water.
- Add carrot, cabbage, dhania and mix well.
- Heat a griddle and grease it.
- Dip the bread pieces and place on the hot tava and cook till bubbles appear on the top.
- Turn and cook on the other side by adding little oil till golden and crisp.
- Make all the bread similarly on medium to low heat.